Welcome to my cozy corner! This site is all about living a healthy, happy life. You will find inspiration for breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes here that are either a healthy tweak on a naughty-but-nice meal favorite (e.g., fewer calories, healthier ingredients) or my own ideas for nutricious food. Mareike’s Cozy Corner, however, also features soul food, as I strongly believe that in order to truly live well, we need to allow ourselves to indulge without regrets (as long as we don’t do it 24/7). Healthy living is about body AND soul and therefore we should treat ourselves sometimes.
Well-being becomes a whole different ball game when you are a parent, as we rightly put our children’s needs before our own. Therefore, Mareike’s Cozy Corner provides tips for moms to take care of their bodies in the year 0 (the year you became a mom), since we can’t go to the Target Service Desk and request a replacement if our current body fails us. Furthermore, this site gives you hands-on inspiration on how to handle living with your tiny tribe, from budget-friendly baby solutions and money saving hacks, to practical “How-to”- guides.
Latest posts on Mareike’s Cozy Corner
- Broccoli waffles with yoghurt mustard dipCrunch, crunch, crunch, crunch… oh the sound of culinary satisfaction. I love waffles as they look like pretty honeycombs. These … Read More
- The shrug: How to release neck and shoulder tension"Hello darkness, my old friend…" We all know the feeling – the feeling of tension lingering between our shoulder blades … Read More
- Impasta syndrome – Pasta with broccoli and white wine sauceDo you have impasta syndome? By that I mean, do you crave pasta, are having severe pasta withdrawl, finding it … Read More
- Mini burrito pockets – Your new favorite beach day snackPeople who know me in person know that I love all things mini, like pygmy hippos. That extends to food … Read More
- Cake that! Chocolate chip cookie cheesecakeLet me take you on a journey. It's Sunday, the sun is out, it's a beautiful day and your only … Read More
- Nacho average salad – the Nacho salad bowlOkay, I am fully aware – the title is a lame play on words, but I kinda couldn't help myself. … Read More
Recipe of the week
Article of the week
Discover recipes for Healthy Eating and tasty Soul Food. As someone who wants to eat and live healthy, while still enjoying the tasty side of life, my recipes focus on easy and mostly quick-to-prepare meals that everyone can enjoy and that provide you with great nutricious value. Love yourself fiercely and treat yourself kindly with the ideas featured on Wellbeing. Browse through the Parenting section to get useful tips on how to navigate through being mom and dad. Mareike’s Cozy Corner aims to support first-time parents to figure out their priorities as a family and how to make smart decisions for raising a little one – from money and soul saving hacks, to practical tips on how to keep your cool.
Be a homemaker. Be someone who enjoys creating a cozy lifestyle that relaxes mind, body and soul. No matter where, how or with whom you live, if you transform your little patch of the world into a place filled with good food, joy, love and laughter, then you are a homemaker. To all of you homemakers out there, Mareike’s Cozy Corner is for you!
Latest on Healthy Eating
Latest on Soul Food
Latest on Parenting
- NEW: The first year of motherhood
- Buckle up: Selecting the perfect car seat for your toddler
- Things no one tells you about newborns
Latest on Wellbeing
- NEW: The shrug: How to release neck and shoulder tension
- Ice, ice baby: Why cold showers in the morning are good for you
- Cell regenerating face mask