A famous Elvis song includes the line „Oh It’s good to touch the green, green grass of home“. While that might not always be possible, we can compensate by comforting ourselves with some soul food. Though I admit that green smoothies are normally not the epitome of soul food, this one is tasty enough that I feel it should be. I always prefer smoothies that are not too sugary, but tickle your sweet tooth a bit nonetheless. So this one ticks all the boxes for me in terms of sweetness and being healthy.
- 1 banana
- ½ avacado
- 1 cup of spinach (frozen)
- 1 cup of kale (frozen)
- 3 cups of oat milk (make sure to use a low-sugar one)
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon of spirulina powder
- 1 teaspoon of wheatgrass powder
Blend all ingredients. Enjoy! This recipe serves 2.