Breakfast burritos are the perfect way to have a healthy, nourishing yet tasty breakfast that you can easily devour while still being half asleep. Everthing is nicely rolled up, so all that’s left for you to do is to dig in. No silverware necessary.
A great option to start your day with a lot of fresh ingredients. Plus if you want to go no-carb with it, you can use cauliflower tortilla instead of wheat or corn. though even with the traditional option it is still on the low side compared to most other classic breakfast options.
- Servings: 2
- Calories per serving: 454 kcal (cauliflower tortilla)/396 kcal (wheat tortilla)/497 kcal (corn tortilla)
- Preparation time: 20 min
- Cooking time: 10 min
- Start to finish: 30 min
- 2 cauliflower (click here), wheat or corn tortillas
- Scrambled eggs with 3 eggs (how to make super fluffy scrambled eggs)
- 1/2 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 medium sized tomatos, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 spring onion, diced
- 4 strips of crispy bacon strips crumbled
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chooped cilantro/coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to prepare this breakfast burrito
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit/180 degrees Celsius. Place the tortillas in front of you. Place the scrambled eggs in the center of the tortilla, then add the tomatos, avocado, pepper, bacon and spring onions.
Afterwards drizzle the cilantro/coriander on top and season it with salt and pepper. Place the tortillas in the oven and bake them for approx. 3 minutes.
Then roll them into a burrito by first folding the buttom part to cover the filling and then each side.
Don’t want to stop at cauliflower tortillas? How about cauliflower pizza crust, an amazing way to indulge without breaking the calorie bank.