Due to it’s soft sourness of the lemon, this is not only working as a christmas cookie, but is basically suitable year round. It’s also gluten-free and egg-free. Since it uses very little sugar, it is a low carb cookie as well.
Servings: 26 cookies * Preperation time: 5 min * Start to finish: 20 min
- 4.2 ounces (120 grams) of almond flour (click here)
- 2.7 ounces (80 ml) of lemon juice (approx 2 freshly squeezed lemons)
- 1.4 ounces (40 grams) of melted or soft butter
- 1.7 ounces (50 grams) of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
Start by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl. Whisk it until you end up with a smooth dough. Place the dough in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile lay out parchment paper on a baking tray and preheat the oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit/180 degrees Celsius. Form little balls out of the dough with a teaspoon and place them on the tray. Bake the cookies in the oven for 12 minutes. Let them rest on the baking tray until they have cooled down, because they might otherwise break.