Rice is a national treasure in the cuisine of many Asian countries. One of tRice is a national treasure in the cuisine of many Asian countries. One of the tastiest things to do with it is to fry it. As there are now so many great new options available to have rice without having rice, we can now turn all those tasty rice dishes into perfectly healthy low-carb versions that in turn provide us with a wonderful weekday dinner choice.
Servings: 2 * Calories per serving: 461 kcal * Preparation time: 20-25 min
- 7 ounces (200 grams) of protein of choice (I usually use chicken)
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 10.5 ounces (300 grams) of cauliflower/broccoli rice (if you feel you do need to have at least some carbs in your meal, why not use 1/2 veggie rice and 1/2 jasmine rice)
- 1/2 zucchini
- 7 ounces (200 grams) of a protein of choice (I usually use chicken)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 10.5 ounces (300 grams) of broccoli/cauliflower rice (if you feel you need to have at least some carbs in your meal, why not use 1/2 veggie rice and 1/2 jasmine rice)
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 small carrot
- 2 spring onions
- 1/2 a medium-sized onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Fresh cilantro/coriander
Start by cutting all your vegetables and chicken, as well as the garlic, onion and spring onion, into small chunks.
Cook the broccoli/cauliflower rice according to the packaging instructions. In the meantime, take a wok (or at least a deep pan), add the vegetable oil and the diced up garlic clove and onion. Then, add the chicken and cook it for 5 minutes, add the spring onion zucchini and carrot and cook it for another 5 minutes. Finally, remove the chicken and vegetables from the wok.
Afterwards, bring the pan to high heat, add one tablespoon of vegetable oil, sugar, fish sauce and soy sauce before pouring the veggie rice into the pan. Continue to stir the rice for 5 minutes.
As a last step, pour the chicken and vegetables back into the wok. Mix everything well. Turn off the heat and drizzle the cilantro on top.