Gnocchi, gnocchi. Who’s there? Your dinner!
What’s the best weekday dinner after a day of hussling? The quick and easy kind. The kind that is not a ready made meal, but only takes you about as long to prepare as ripping a pre-packed dish open. Girl, I got your back. This only takes 5 minutes of your time and from then on it essentially continues to prepare itself while baking in the oven. This is what I call a winner.
While the gnocchi ensure that no one feels hungry 30 minutes after dinner, the main act of this dish might actually be cauliflower. Cauliflower has recently been labeled a “superfood” as it is high in fiber as well as vitamins B and C. So while it looks pretty unimpressive and bland, it is actually full of healthy stuff. If you wanna gnocchi yourself out completely, make the dish even more cauliflower-y by using cauliflower gnocchis from Target instead of the standard potato version.
At a glance
- Servings: 4
- Calories per serving: 495 kcal
- Preparation time: 5 min
- Oven time: 25 min
- Start to finish: 30 min
- 17.6 ounces (500 grams) of fresh potato gnocchi
- 17.6 ounces (500 grams) of cauliflower florets
- 3.5 ounces (100 ml) of heavy cream
- 3.5 ounces (100 ml) of veggie broth
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) of cream cheese
- 6 ounces (170 grams) of grated sharp cheddar
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place the gnocchi and cauliflower in a casserole dish. Then mix the heavy cream, veggie broth, cream cheese, nutmeg, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl and pour it over the gnocchi and cauliflower. Drizzle the cheddar on top and bake everything in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit/200 degrees Celsius für 25 minutes.