Mini zucchini pizza is the super speed option amongst healthy dinners. It takes a total of 5 minutes to prepare and is also almost taking no time in the oven. I had a pizza crush on those little goodies, from the moment I was craving pizza, but wanted to be responsible and eat a light dinner at the same time. This mini zucchini pizza is as low carb as it’s possible to be.
Now I am fully aware that zucchini is right there on par with the trend of cauliflower as the veggie of choice to turn anything that is perfectly fine soul food into a healthy low carb option. I am guilty of this myself (e.g. my cauliflower pizza crust recipe), but since it’s so tasty, I am unapologetically so.
At a glance
- Cuisine: Italian, Low-Carb
- Category: Main course, side dish
- Servings: 2
- Calories per serving: 193 kcal (without topping)
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Oven time: 10 minutes
- Time from start to finish: 15 minutes
- 1 large zucchini
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) of mozarella cheese
- Pizza tomato sauce
- Optional pizza topping of choice: I recommend only using one topping as the slices are evidentily relatively small
Preparation of mini zucchini pizza
Step 1: Cut the zucchini in thin slices (about the thickness of pizza dough).
Step 2: Add 1 tablespoon of the tomato sauce on each slice and drizzle a bit of mozarella on top.
Stepü 3 (optional): Add your favorite topping and our mini pizza bites are ready for the oven.
Step 4: Let them bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit/200 degrees Celsius.