Quiche is one of those feelgood foods that are tightly placed between healthy choice and soul food. That’s a winner in my book. It originates from the Lorraine region in France. This recipe is French inspired but ultimately – not least thanks to the feta cheese – very much a cosmopolitain. Now weather you treat this broccolli feta dish as a breakfast, lunch or dinner, this broccoli feta quiche will taste amazing no matter with meal of the day you grace with it.
If you are a quiche afficionado like me, don’t forget to check out these tasty quiche recipes.
At a glance
- Cuisine: French, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Servings: 12
- Calories per serving: 243 kcal
- Preparation time: 15 min (with store bought quiche crust) – 45 min (if you make the quiche dough for the crust 3,from scratch)
- Oven time: 30 min
- Start to finish: 45 min
Ingredients for the broccoli feta quiche
- 1 quiche crust (see recipe below)
- 1 head of broccoli
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) of feta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 3.5 ounces (100 ml) of heavy cream
- 3.5 ounces (100 ml) of sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Optional: 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
Ingredients for the quiche crust
- 2 cups (250 grams) of flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 4.4 ounces (125 grams) of cold butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of water
Mix the salt and flour in a large bowl. Cut the butter into smallish dices and add them to the bowl. Now the hard labor part starts: knead the butter into the flour until the mix is flaky. Then add the yolk and water and continue kneading until you have a smooth dough.
Let the dough rest in the fridge for 25-30 minutes. You can also perfectly freeze the dough. I therefore tend to always make a larger badge so i homemade quiche dough ready.
Now that you got the star of the show ready, let’s make some broccoli feta quiche.
How to prepare broccoli feta quiche
Butter and flour the quiche pan and lay out the dough for the crust.
Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
Cook the broccoli for 3-4 minutes, drain the water and place the broccoli in the quiche pan and drizzle the feta on top.
For the filling, add the eggs, heavy cream, sour cream, garlic, nutmeg, cayenne pepper and salt to a blender and blend it to a smooth mix. Then pour the filling over the broccoli and feta.Bake the broccoli feta quiche for 30 minutes.