Hmmmmm is the sound you tend to hear when people eat hummus. For good reason, as it’s jaw-droppingly awesome. A perfect dip for veggie sticks. I love that you can literally do this in less than 5 minutes, yet it keeps you happy for hours (or however slow or fast you nibble on it).
Servings: 10 * Calories per servings: 163 kcal * Preparation time: 5 min * Start to finish till serving: 5 min
- 3 cups (300 grams) of drained chickpeas
- ½ a cup (120 ml) of native olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of tahini paste (sesame paste) (click here)
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 zest of lemon
- 1/8 cup of chopped cilantro/coriander
Toss it all in a blender and let the blades do all the work for you. Once it’s reached a creamy and smooth texture, you’re done. It’s as easy and low effort as it gets, yet the results are truly awesome. Nothing beats homemade hummus compared to the store-bought options.