Why mom’s health matters
When we become moms, it feels like our world is turned upside down. Suddenly there is a tiny human being that we love like we never loved someone before and who captures our attention every second of our awake hours – correction: of all our hours (whether we are awake or asleep).
While we depart into the excting journey of motherhood it is very important to always remember: YOU matter too! There is nothing selfish about also giving yourself some attention. YOU and your needs didn’t suddenly disappear, the “only” thing that is changed is that fact that this YOU is now also a mom.
I strongly believe that in order to be a great mothers, we also need to allow room for self care and make mom’s health as much a priority as your childrens well-being. Whether that is with regards to regaining strength after giving birth, finding moments to relax our body and mind or whether it is to pause our racing minds from occupying us with worries about our mini-me and their well-being.
YOU, my dear mom, are most likely doing a great job at mommying, however you choose to approach that. Trust your intuition, silence the outside noise and allow yourself some space in your mind and in your day that focuses on mom care and thus on mom’s health. This means both the physical and mental health.
Never forgot to love yourself fiercely and treat yourself kindly. These are two of the most important things you can do to achieve wellbeing and happiness. It all starts and ends with YOU. Especially so as most of us lead busy lifes that seem more about the ability to multitask and going at an ever faster speed.
We forget to pause and do things that serve no greater purpose other than saying “You deserve this”. All strength in life ultimately needs to come from within to be sustainable. We are however only capable of radiating this inner strength, if we allow for pampering ourselfs and doing this that are all about our personal wellbeing.
I strongly believe that healthy moms lead to kids with healthy self-esteems. Even if that means taking a few minutes of attention away from your beloved tiny tribe to focus on mom’s health. Those minutes will allow you to recharge and teach your kids a very important lesson. And no, it’s not “mom has no time for me”. It’s “mom loves herself, because she matters to herself”. Which will show your kid how important self-love really is and hopefully develop a great deal of self-love for themselves.
Discover the articles on Mom’s Health on Mareike’s Cozy Corner
- A deep homemade hair mask to fight dry winter hairHighly effective and rich deep hair mask to fight dry winter hair that you can make at home in a couple of minutes that moisturizes and nourishes your hair.
- Vitality hacks: Fight inflammation through your dietAdvertisements What’s your super power? FOOD. Health is wealth. While this truth is certainly no ground-breaking revelation, we usually only appreaciate its essence, when we are not healthy, wether that’s with regard to our physical or our mental state or both. Health is the ultimate luxury good, we can own. Nothing else matters more nor…
- How to lift a baby without wrecking your spineTips and tricks on how to lift a baby safely to prevent back pain and avoid damaging or injuring your spine, especially when it comes to lifting a newborn.
- Mental check-in dice as a powerful mindfulness exerciseRoll the dice towards mental wellbeing with the mental check-in dice as a great mental health exercise for yourself or as a family to reflect your day.
- Highly effective pelvic muscle exercise after birth using your strollerStrengthen the pelvic muscle on the go with this simple yet highly effective pelvic muscle exercise after birth using your stroller or even a shopping cart.
- The shrug: How to release neck and shoulder tensionGet rid of shoulder and neck pain, tensions and discomforts with this simple exercise and, if done on a regular basis, also prevents a future build up.
- Oh baby, baby/Mom’s health: The first year of motherhoodCrazy, interesting and funny insights and facts about things you learn and experiences you make in the first year with your baby and your motherhood journey.
- Why cold showers in the morning are good for youCold showers are not only the ultimate wake up call, but provide many health benefits for your body and mind with helpful tips on how to best manage the cold.
- Quick homemade cell regenerating facial maskGive yourself a magical glow and pamper yourself to a home spa experience with this cell regenerating facial mask that destresses and moisturizes your skin.
- Hospital bag for the birthWhat to pack into your hospital bag, when you prepare for the arrival of your newborn, from must-have’s to optionals, and what you do NOT need to bring.
- Morning Yoga for inner strength and mindfulnessAdvertisements Being a mom can take a lot of your energy – both mentally and physically. Heck, sometimes just being a fully functioning adult (without a baby) in today’s world can be completely draining. That’s why I turned to yoga back in 2012 at a particularly stressful time in my life, when I was working…
- Love Yourself Fiercely: Detox Body ScrubAdvertisements Our skin is our largest organ. A fairly smart one as well. If you thought your brain is the natural frontrunner in that department, think again. Our skin is the initial detector for when we feel warm or cold, love or fear; it reacts if we’re stressed and gives us a feeling of relaxation….
- Mom’s health: Effective way to reclaim your body after birthHow to reclaim your body after birth, strengthen your body postpartum and your pelvic muscle from the comfort of your home with hula hoop.
- What’s soap? Easy DIY soap recipesAdvertisements Our skin is the biggest organ of our body. It reacts to all our emotions and shows whether we are healthy or sick. It is a mirror to our soul. So we should always aim to treat our skin well. This includes the soap we use – as good soap can have a big…