When we become moms, it feels like our world is turned upside down. Suddenly there is a tiny human being that we love like we never loved someone before and who captures our attention every second of our awake hours – correction: of all our hours (whether we are awake or asleep). While we depart into the excting journey of motherhood it is very important to always remember: YOU matter too! There is nothing selfish about also giving yourself some attention. YOU and your needs didn’t suddenly disappear, the “only” thing that is changed is that fact that this YOU is now also a mom. I strongly believe that in order to be a great mothers, we also need to allow room for self care. Whether that is with regards to regaining strength after giving birth, finding moments to relax our body and mind or whether it is to pause our racing minds from occupying us with worries about our mini-me and their well-being. YOU, my dear mom, are most likely doing a great job at mommying, however you choose to approach that. Trust your intuition, silence the outside noise and allow yourself some space in your mind and in your day that focuses on mom care. Never forgot to love yourself fiercely and treat yourself kindly.
- “How are you today?” – Roll the dice towards mental wellbeingIn many ways, happiness is a choice. While there are of course events in our lives that make us fail to see the bright side in it (like the loss of a loved one), there are little things in every single day that can trigger a smile on our face or make us laugh. We … Read more
- Mom’s health: Strengthening your pelvic muscle postpartum on the goImagine your pelvic muscle like an oversized pair of granny panties. It is literally shaped a pair of underpants and thus holds your entire lower body in position. It is like a sling holding up the uterus, bowels, and other organs. Most commonly, when people talk about this, they only refer to the pelvic muscle … Read more
- The shrug: How to release neck and shoulder tension"Hello darkness, my old friend…" We all know the feeling – the feeling of tension lingering between our shoulder blades and creeping into our necks. It can hit us after a long day at work after spending hours behind our desks, when we were picking up our baby or lifting our toddler a million times … Read more
- Oh baby, baby/Mom’s health: The first year of motherhoodThe first 12 months of having a baby in your life can feel like a crazy rollercoaster ride. Full of blissful happiness, but also full of crazy levels of exhaustion and newfound anxieties. Compared to life b.c. (before child), everything is changed and yet it isn’t. You will probably learn more in this one year … Read more
- Oh baby, baby/Mom’s health: Hospital bag for the birthOne definite lesson learned revolves around the hospital bag. Typically, you would want to have that packed 4-6 weeks before your scheduled due date, since some babies decide they are too eager to meet mom and dad and cannot possibly stay in their cozy womb any longer. Birth is exciting and stressful enough. So when … Read more
- Morning Yoga for inner strength and mindfulnessBeing a mom can take a lot of your energy – both mentally and physically. Heck, sometimes just being a fully functioning adult (without a baby) in today’s world can be completely draining. That’s why I turned to yoga back in 2012 at a particularly stressful time in my life, when I was working in … Read more
- Mom’s health: Reclaiming your body postpartum after birthEverybody and every body is different, and so is the time it takes to recover from giving birth and shedding the weight we put on during the pregnancy and regaining physical strength. I had gained a whopping 21 kilograms/46 pounds, which meant that I added one third of my original weight to the scale. And … Read more