Your journey to relaxed parenting and creating the family you envision…
When a child is born, it’s not only the birthday of a baby, it is also the birthday of a new you: you are all of a sudden someone’s mom or someone’s dad. It’s both one of the most rewarding and one of the most intimidating journeys you can possibly embark to in your lifetime. Which is why it is crucial to find a relaxed parenting approach that works for you and your family.
Pregnancy is a big rite of passage, from the second a little life is created to the moment a baby is born. As any transition period it is full of moments of doubt on whether you are doing alright, if you are doing enough or too much, if everything will be okay. At the same time, when you hold your baby for the very first time it’s a moment of eternal clarity. It all makes sense and it makes everything right. Time stops, but then what?
The overall theme of all you can read on this blog about living with your tiny tribe aims for unlocking a hands-on, relaxed parenting approach. Navigating the sheer endless and dense jungle of all things “baby” is challenging. This blog therefore offers a broad range of support, from easy checklist of the essentials you really need (and sometimes more important: what you don’t need), recommendations on how to approach certain aspects of parenthood and genereally recommendations for life with your baby. Also check out my mom’s health content on self care for moms.
Most importantly though: what works for one parent, might not feel right for another. You do you. No where does this matter more than when it comes to being a mom or dad. And that’s okay. Cut yourself some slack. That’s why I love sharing my experiences on this blog, but always with the idea in the background that this should be a source of inspiration for you, not a definitive route to heaven. Relaxed parenting as far as I am concerned is following what your heart tells you.
Discover hands-on articles on relaxed parenting for your tiny tribe
- 9 great ways to cope with COVID anxiety as a parentEight simple powerful tips for busy working moms on how to cope with COVID anxiety and release stress and tension during a trying time for mental health.
- Mom, what’s for dinner? – 10 kid-friendly healthy dinnersDiscover ten kid-friendly healthy dinners to make the final meal of the day a happy occasion for everyone. That’s why these recipes are all low carb soul food.
- Product review: Metro Compact City Stroller by ErgobabyProduct review of the Metro Compact City Stroller by Ergobaby, a super light and very compact stroller for babies 12 months and older.
- Oh baby, baby: Reindeer christmas cards with baby feetCute christmas card that you can create with your newborn, your baby or your toddler to make this Christmas season special with Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer.
- How to lift a baby without wrecking your spineTips and tricks on how to lift a baby safely to prevent back pain and avoid damaging or injuring your spine, especially when it comes to lifting a newborn.
- Shoe-bi-du-bi-du: A helpful guide to shoe shopping for babiesWhen is the best time to go shoe shopping for babies and what should you keep in mind when it comes to the best foot wear for babies. This guide gives answers.
- Oh baby, baby/Mom’s health: The first year of motherhoodCrazy, interesting and funny insights and facts about things you learn and experiences you make in the first year with your baby and your motherhood journey.
- Oh baby, baby: Buckle up! Selecting the perfect car seat for your toddlerJust when you thought you finally had it all figured out with regard to your baby and how to cruise the seven seas of parenthood…
- Hospital bag for the birthWhat to pack into your hospital bag, when you prepare for the arrival of your newborn, from must-have’s to optionals, and what you do NOT need to bring.
- Newborn insights: 9 interesting things no one tells you about babiesAs if suddenly holding your own baby is not mind-blowing enough for moms and dads, discover 9 newborn insights that nature has in stock for you as new parents.
- Oh baby, baby: Fun gadgetsOh, wouldn’t life be boring without the ability to purchase unnecessary things that make it fun and exciting? Here are my favorite items that you…
- How to take a biometric photo of your baby in 10 simple stepsAn easy and stress-free guide for parent on how to take the perfect biometric photo of your baby for your child’s first passport from the comfort of your home.
- Mom’s health: Effective way to reclaim your body after birthHow to reclaim your body after birth, strengthen your body postpartum and your pelvic muscle from the comfort of your home with hula hoop.
- Oh baby, baby: What do you NOT need for your newbornMost checklists focus on all the stuff you supposedly need for your newborn. This list however focuses on things you do NOT need to welcome your new baby.
- Oh baby, baby: Making memoriesConserving all the important moments and milestones from the positive pregnancy test, to ultasound pictures and the many first moments in your baby’s life.
- Oh baby, baby: Useful support, a.k.a. life-savers for moms (to be)While there are many tips on stuff to get for mom during and after the pregnancy, such as a nursing pillow or nursing bras and…
- Helpful apps to quickly find nursing and diaper-changing locationsGame changer apps to quickly find nursing and diaper-changing locations, so you never have to worry how to identify a safe spot to change or feed your baby whereever you are.
- Oh baby, baby: Outfits – dress for successBuying baby clothes for your new arrival can be a quite challenging experience. Where do you start? When do you start? What do you really…
- Oh baby, baby: Baby care productsIn the first two parts of the “Oh baby, baby” series, I talked about furniture and items for the nursery as well as our key…
- Getting mobile – Finding a stroller and a baby car seatHow to find the best stroller and what to keep in mind when getting your child car seat solution for your newborn baby and other helpful add-ons to get mobile.
- Nursery tips for moms-to-be on setting up a baby’s roomHands-on nursery tips for moms-to-be on how and when to set up the room for your baby, which furniture is truly needed and where to invest.